Rummenigge on Lewandowski drop speculation: It's ridiculous to question him

Moderator: Downey_Wercan

Bongngarthom

Rummenigge on Lewandowski drop speculation: It's ridiculous to question him

Postby Bongngarthom » Tue May 01, 2018 9:59 am

Real Madrid kept Robert Lewandowski relatively sbobet online quiet in the first leg of their Champions League semi-final but the executive board chairman of Bayern Munich, Karl Heinz Rummenigge, has dismissed the prospect of the striker being dropped for the return game.Citing the Polish star's goal record across the course of the season, Rummenigge insisted it was only a matter of time before he began hitting the back of the net."I find the rumours ridiculous and we at Bayern find it ridiculous," he stated at the airport en route to Madrid. "[Lewandowski] has scored 39 goals this season. We are happy that he is with us and that next year he will continue playing with us."He is a goalscoring machine. I remember, for example, sbobet online Gerd Muller, who was No. 1 across every statistics, not only in Bayern but in Germany."You can go eight or ten games without scoring and things don't work out, but then, there is a game in which you score two or three times. I wish [Lewandowski] has that day tomorrow."Munich will arrive in Spain without Arjen Robben or Jerome Boateng and Rummenigge has faith in young centre-back Niklas Sule's ability to cover for the German defender."They aren't with us," he confirmed. "We cannot change that and lamenting it doesn't make sense. https://xrpsbobet.com "We have other players who can come in and, when I watch the progression of Sule, it is clear that he is a top level player. He doesn't worry me."